Re: simple budget dual MOT power supply

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Henry,

You don't need special HV resistors for a protection
network.  Ordinary 100W wirewound ceramic power
resistors will work fine.  The voltage drop across
them is quite low, even though the supply voltage is
high.  Appropriate power resistors are avialable from
Mouser, Digi-Key, All Electronics, MECI, etc., etc.,
at very affordable prices.

Cheers,

Greg
www.angelfire-dot-com/ga3/tesla