simple budget dual MOT power supply

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Hhchicken1-at-aol-dot-com>

I got this idea from Greg's Garage - thanks greg :)
Basically you have two MOTs, preferably identical, with the primaries in
antiparallel and driven directly off mains with no current limiting(didn't
blow my 10A fuse).  Then you take the outputs and series them by connecting
the case together. Do a simple voltage doubler circuit using the caps and
diodes from the microwaves, with one cap connected to each HV out, and the
other side of each cap connected via the two microwave diodes to the other
one.  Simply take the HV out to tank circuit in parallel with the diode
string.
I'd like to know if the RF kickback is likely to fry the diodes or blow up
the caps.  On Greg's site he has power resistors and ceramic caps protecting
them, but is this really necessary?  I figure just put the caps etc in a box
to shield me from shrapnel, and give it a go on short runs.

Is this likely to work, or am I just crazy?

Thanks,
Henry Hallam