Re: Kapton = Ozone, UV resistant?

Hi Gary,
   I think Kapton is probably on of the best polymers available for
chemical(ozone?) resistance along with its nice dielectric properties, but
why not use some sheets of reconstituted mica? One or two layers should do
very well in your application and it can be had for not-to-bad a price from
McMaster-Carr.
Mike

<< Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

In a new static gap I'm working on, the PVC housing will be in close (~1.5")
proximity to the spark gap.  I know that the PVC will turn brown in time
near a spark gap, perhaps increasing the likelihood of surface arcing.  I'm
wondering if an application of  Kapton (polyimide) tape would shield the PVC
from whatever causes this deterioration.  Is Kapton more UV-resistant than
PVC?

Thanks, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA