[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Electric bath? ... X-rays from light bulbs/Tesla Coils

John,

  Your last comment is most important.  Only 10 minutes of exposure was
enough to do serious permanent damage.
  I have a large assortment of flouroscopy pictures, literally in a staight
line:  Tesla Coil/Rhumkorff Coil -> X-ray Tube -> Patient's body -> doctor's
head, looking onto a flourescent screen.
  The doctor's heads were getting x-rayed -- and of course, NO lead
protection, etc.
  And scarier yet was x-ray treatments that lasted, yes, 10 even 20 or 30
minutes!!  And the mention of radiation burns, comparing them to suntans!!!

Scary stuff.  Yeah, I lit up a whole collection of antique bulbs with one of
my "Violet Ray" machines.  Essentially a disruptive discharge Tesla Coil,
output 50,000V 1/2 megahertz, nice 1" painless spark.
Oddly enough, the small [modern] 7 1/2 watt night-light/christmas candle
bulbs, with calendabra bases produced the highest about of phosphorescence,
and the filaments would also light up brightly, my guess here is due to
bombardment.

Also, I have had high vacuum dewar flasks (no electrodes of course!) that
produced similar effects, connected with nothing at all, or by aluminum tape
for condenser effects.

Another weird effect I've noticed in some old bulbs is the lack of green
phosphorescence but formation of "small white clouds" in the bulbs,
sometimes with a white line resembling a "line of demarcation" (forget the
exact term here, in dealing with Crookes tubes).

Again, these discharges are difficult to impossible to describe!!

I might get a few high frequency x-ray tubes made, with special anodes and
cathodes [Crookes Tube ca. 1910 or so] but not vacuumed to the x-ray degree
but perhaps a Geissler degree of vacuum.

Many Thanks,
Jeff Behary