[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil Winder (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 12:46:39 EDT
From: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Coil Winder (fwd)

In a message dated 10/10/99 4:32:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<<  But the
 professional way is to set the spool on edge and let the wire twirl
 off the end of spool.  I just guide the wire by hand, except on very >>

John,

Why? Especially with a large spool, doesn't that allow the wire to fall from
the top of
the spool, clump up and maybe even fall over the rim of the spool? Seems like
small point because it probably is. All the pictures I have seen of  factory
coil winding
machines show the spool horizontal and above. That's what I saw when I toured
the Thordarson plant in Chicago, c. 1942.

Happy day,
Zeke