[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: It's alive, It's alive.

In a message dated 5/11/99 3:27:49 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  Thanx again
>  George Stein

George,
   You didn't really give enough info, but I guessed at the missing pieces.
I assumed you used 24g wire for your secondary, I assumed a flat primary, and
I also assumed your primary inside diameter was 6 inches, giving one inch
clearance.  Based on that, and one last assumption of .25 inch spacing
between primary turns, you would need about 16.6 primary turns to be in tune.
 If your primary inside diameter is 8 inches, you would need about 15 turns
to be in tune(with the same assumed spacing).
     A smaller toroid, say like 3 by 9 would bring your tuning (with 8 inch
inside diam primary) to just under 12 turns .  This would be an easy fix.
Another possible fix is you double your primary cap to 0.01uF.  This would
also bring you into tune at about 11 turns.  The second fix would increase
your Cp:Cs ratio at the same time, probably giving you a better output than
the first fix.  I wouldn't worry about the impedance match.
Hope this helps.
Mike