[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need more help.

Hi Gary,
          It is possible that the numbers on your transistors are
manufacturing batch numbers rather than the more familiar type
numbers. If you post what you have, I'll do my best to identify them.
A cheap multimeter probably wouldn't give you the accuracy you need
to determine the emitter ballasting resistances. They can be
considerably less than 0.1 Ohm in some applications. It may even be
that they are tinned copper wire. If you can solder using ordinary
60/40 cored solder, they aren't nichrome.

Malcolm