[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Monster Cap balanced by Monster Topload?

At 11:52 19/03/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "Coiler" <mycroft-at-access1-dot-net>
>
>I have been a fortunate person, and have stumbled into a pair of
>wonderfully large caps. Unfortunately too large, unless someone
>can give me some tricks.
>Cap #1: 0.7uf 40KVDC Maxwell. I figure this, by itself is useless for
>        tesla coil duty, but I am going to try and leverage into a duplicate

Get a clean room, minimal dust.  Plastic gloves and disassemble the unit.
You should be able to work-out the segment rating in C/V, then make a
number of great TC caps ;-)

just a thought ..... this is what I would do with great enthusiasm ;-)

mark

Mark

http://www.cobweb-dot-com.au/~dkfinnis