[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cap values for 12/120(s)

Hi CHURCHMON,

	Typically, you just use the old V/I=R formula to find the source impedance
of the transformers.  Then you use R=1/(2 x pi x 60 x C) to match the
capacitor to that source impedance.

So, for say three 12000 volt 120mA transformers:

12000 / (3 x 0.120) = 33333 ohms

1/ (R x 2 x 60 x pi) = C

1/ (33333 x 2 x60 x pi) = 79.5nF

If you have 50 Hz AC line frequency replace the 60s with 50s....

Your friend is probably pretty close.

Cheers,

	Terry