[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Another Q about scopes and TCs

Hi Andy,

	The resistors have to be able to withstand the voltage across each one
easily.  I suspect your 500M resistors are pretty big and can take a lot of
voltage.  Next, there may be capacitance across the resistors that may
transmit high current to the scope if there were high frequency transients.
 Also, if the secondary voltage were to hit the primary, the resistors
could be easily arced over.

	In general, I would say that this "could" be reasonably safe but there is
always some risk to the scope that you have to be willing to accept.

	You may want to check out the following web page for a very safe field
antenna design which may serve your needs.  This is what I use for most work...

www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/experiments/planant/waveant3.html

Cheers,

	Terry