[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Is this a potential transformer?

     I've found what I think is a potential transformer at a surplus store
     in the area.  It's roughly cubical, With three nut and bolt terminals
     situated near one edge of the top, and two large, tower-like terminals
     consisting of some insulator material with a central channel leading
     to an electrode.  The top of this box is held in place with clips
     around the edges.  A black, viscous material is (slooowwwlllyyy)
     oozing between the mating surfaces of the lid and the remainer of the
     enclosure.  I could find no identifying markings.

     Is this a potential transformer?

     Aric