[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re. HDPE found: check my capacitor, please

At 12:02 22/10/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "Harri Suomalainen" <haba-at-cc.hut.fi>
>It is not a gap. It is a discharge along the surface. Coilers have
>broken caps with only 2cm creepage clearance. There is a reason to
>this too: electrical field component along the surface is quite
>large. So, it would push any discharge further. (Simplified)

I got the idea...

>>But why not to leave vacuum?
>
>Uhum, you are not trying to tell about leaving the cap with vacuum,
>are you? That would be a very bad idea!

I meant fill with oil (but not fully) and leave some empty vacuum volume.

 Marco Denicolai                   Vista Communication Instruments, Inc.
 Hardware Development Manager      www.vistacom.fi

 marco-at-vistacom.fi                 Kaisaniemenkatu 13 A
 fax:    +358-9-622-5610           SF-00100 HELSINKI
 phone:  +358-9-622-623-15         Finland

   Remember, Murphy was an optimist! I am not...