[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary size

Hi Cabbott,
I'm best off letting the Magnifier crowd answer this question. Haven't
built one
myself (yet). However, in a magnifier system, the output is directed a
distance
away from the 1st coil setup to the extra coil w/topload. I would imagine this
plays a large role as to why this may not happen in a magnifier (but for all I
know, it may still happen. Like I said, I haven't built one).
Bart

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Cabbott Sanders <cabbott-at-cyberis-dot-net>
>
> Hello Bart, All:
>
> If this is the case of overcoupling causing secondary breakdown/turn-to-turn
> flashover, then what about magnifiers?  How do you prevent arcs from
> appearing up
> and down the secondary of an extremely coupled resonator such as this?
> Look at
> magnifier 13M for example........
>
> > Bart
> >
> > Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > > Original Poster: bhelms-at-dialpoint-dot-net (Brian Helms)
> > >
> > > I built a secondary that was 500 turns of #22 enameled wire on a 8 inch
> form
> > > and it didn't work at all.  I couldn't insulate between turns enough to
> keep
> > > it from arcing from top to bottom and all around on the secondary.
It did