From: Tesla List +ADw-tesla+AEA-pupman-dot-com+AD4-
To: tesla+AEA-pupman-dot-com +ADw-tesla+AEA-pupman-dot-com+AD4-
Date: Saturday, October 17, 1998 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Arc Impedance Study - Computer Models

Original Poster: Bert Hickman +ADw-bert.hickman+AEA-aquila-dot-com+AD4-

Tesla List wrote:
+AD4-
+AD4- Original Poster: +ACI-B+ACoAKg-2+ACI- +ADw-bensonbd+AEA-erols-dot-com+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4- Hi Bert,
+AD4-     The break rate was very stacatto sort of like a machine gun, and
yet,
+AD4- the streamers seemed to flow.  I have never been able to understand
this.
+AD4- My coil is modeled on this coil almost exactly.  It will resonate around
+AD4- 250 kHz with a 24 by 8 toroid.
+AD4-
+AD4- Barry
+AD4-

Barry,

Oops - I thought it was a 4+ACI- diamater secondary - 250 kHz is not all
that high... I take it your coil does not show any evidence of this
behavior? If the staccato mode is from multi-cycle resonant charging,
maybe the +ACI-bang+ACI- size is actually significantly higher than would
normally be expected? Any idea what the total gap spacing was? Quite
Curious, indeed+ACE-

-- Bert --