[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: Arc Impedance Study - Computer Models

<<
> Hi John,
>     It does seem contradictory.  It is an observation I can't understand.

> Barry >>

Barry,

I would expect a sub-60Hz break-rate (lets say 15 or 30 BPS) to sound
staccato-like.  I would also expect the sparks to grow slowly.  In a test
I did at 60 BPS, the sparks grew more slowly than at 120Hz.  I tried 30
BPS, but the cap was too small to cause the sparks to coalesce.  I'm
assuming that a large enough cap would give a large enough bang to
create a coalescent spark at 30 BPS.  I wonder if anyone has ever
obtained a coalescent spark at 30 BPS?

John Freau