[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Extended foil Cap. design

 Original Poster: John Timmins <john-np-at-link.co.nz>

 How much vacuum do you apply to the capacitors before, during & after oil
 filling?
 I have an old desoldering station that creates a vacuum by using Compressed
 Air and generates about 5 inches Hg.  Is this enough?

 Hi John,

 I donīt think 5" Hg are enough to remove the air trapped inside. You will get
more vacuum if you just use human suction. (i.e with your mouth)
You might wanna give my El Cheapo method a try. Get an old refrigerator pump
and connect it backwards. They make great vacuum pumps. Esp. considering the
cost (zero to a few dollars). Although I have never tried it, you might want
to connect two of them in series.
High vacuum pumps are built in a similar way.
However, I think the 1st pump evacuates volumes of air (not high vac) and the
2nd pump makes for the high vacuum (not high volume). But trying wonīt hurt.

Coiler greeets from germany,
Reinhard