[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Current limiting

Chris,

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: mel wise <mwise44-at-flash-dot-net>
>
> Can someone one tell me what the best kind of current limiting I can get
> at a fairly small price. I do not have a variac. I do not have a welder.
> But I can get hold of some 1500w quartz heater elements. Will they work?
> I want to limit my transfomer output to 3kw, will two of these elements
> give me that rating? Can these elements even be used? Any and all input
> would be greatly apprieciated.
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Coiler A, B, and C all have their idea of what's best for current limiting.
Their all right. For me, a variac was the best for the price because I got
it at a very low cost. I have tried heater elements and the current limiting
was too great. If I were you, I would measure resistance cold and hot. If
the resistance is too much, so will be the current limiting. Some have had
success this way, I did not at the time. If you have enough elements, you
could parallel them and adjust the current needed. If it was me, I would
definitely give it a go.

Bart