[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Terry's GM HEI Coil Update.

Hi James, all

 Original Poster: "James" <elgersmad-at-email.msn-dot-com>

     The only thing you would want to stack primaries for is increasing the
 primary's frequency responce, because you can almost double the resonant
 frequency.  Using two supplies, or seperate supplies is not wise, because
 the phase relationship of one in respect to the next would, or could cancel
 out the other supply's output.  If you used a multiphased winding
 arrangement it wouldn't be a tesla coil geometrically.  I don't even think
 it is possible to build a multiphased air core transformer.

Sorry I have to "get at you" again (no hard feelings I hope).

As far as I can remember the TCBA actually built a 3 phase AC Tesla coil. They
ran a 3 phase xformer through three caps and used three spark gaps and of
course three primary coils for the tank circuit. You could probably even go
for one (3 phase) gap and only one primary coil. The gap would need six
electrodes and would have to switch each phase to the primary at the "right"
time. Meaning you need to consider the phase relationship to one another. Of
course such a setup is incredibly complicated, so most coilers donīt do this.
But thatīs not to say it canīt be done.

Coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard