[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 803's in a Tesla Coil

<< Hello all,

 Anyone ever tried an 803's in a tesla coil circuit?  I found the coolest
 TV repair shop in the world today, and the guy had just about every tube
 made except an 811A.  But, he did have about 4 803's new in boxes.

 Does anyone know how to make these work for a Tesla coil?  Just dont
 connect the extra screens?

 Ben Bouxsein >>

             Ben,
             I use dropping resistors from the MOT transformer to feed the
             screen and suppressor grids for the 803, and i get about a 7"
             spark output.  Some folks hook it up differently.  It won't work
             if the extra grids are left disconnected.

             John Freau