[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Coiler Question, concerning primary windings.

Greetings,
you are describing a multi-filar winding which is a frequently used
method of doing exactly what you describe, I believe that the 'skin
effect' is less pronounced for several parallel insulated windings than
for one thicker wire.
For low frequencies the benefit is just several thin wires to wind
instead of one thick wire of equivalent cross-sectional area, plus you
can (you have) construct the windings so that they can be used in
parallel, series, or as a transformer for experimental purposes. You've
just 're-invented' Litz wire also.