[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ignition coil measurements

    Most magnet wire can handle a temperature around 400 degrees Fahrenheit,
bread dough cannot, but fiberglass resin is used in the manufacture of
circuit boards, and can handle about 240 300, bread cannot, acrylic can
handle about 330, 340 without deforming, silicon bathtub caulk can handle
375, to 400.  Most of these are rated at higher temperatures, but will
probably discolor, because they do not sink heat as well as metals like
aluminum, and it's hard to determin the true temperature of the core when it
spreads out from it..  Things can be hot enough to burn you, but that is
usually alot hotter on the inside, and if it's warm through all of that then
it's probably quit hot inside.  You can also make smoke by scribbling on
notebook paper util it's solid black, and simply plugging it in black side
folded to fit out.