[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Need Help.

	I need some help getting my first coil up and running. I'm using a 10000v
60ma neon sign transformer.  My primary is 1/4" copper tubing, in a normal
helix, about 10 turns spaced approx. 1/4" apart. The secondary is 3"PVC
with 21" of 24GA wrapped around it. I'm using two wine bottles and one 1
gallon jug for caps. The spark gap is constructed of two 'L' brackets and
bolts.
	I turned on the power, nothing happened, there is juice going through it,
I touched a flourescent bulb to the primary and it lit.  How close to in
tune does a coil need to be before you can get arcs and sparks out of it?
Can anyone help me? suggestions for a discharge terminal? thanks!
	I went by diagrams and info found here...
http://www.altair-dot-org/tesla.htm#newcoil