[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: GM HEI Coil Autopsy

"Actually, there are some very very good after market coils (Mallary,
Accell, and one
of my favorites is Jacobs) which will out perform GM, Chrysler, Ford,
etc..
stock
coils (you don't' see many GM coils in GM race cars). These are readily
available,
higher quality, and will costs near or less than new stock auto
manufacturer coils (go
figure).
Bart"

	I have the "hottest" Accel coil I could buy at the local speed shop,
and it doesn't perform as well as the GM coils in the application for
which I am using them. By the way, when I bought the Accel coil the
clerk gave me about three feet of used 8 mm silicone rubber insulated
copper ignition lead with a fitting for the HV terminal of the coil.
This is really good wire, but have never been able to find any again.

Ed