[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ok.. where am I going wrong

Michael,
Thanks for the other post on your setup. BTW, very nice setup!  Your wired the
same as I am on my pig except I'm using a variac ballast w/no resistor on one
line between control panel and pig.  I assume your throwing the full 240 to
the welder and ballasting your current. You may have 40+ amps flowing.  If
Mike is right about the fuse tolerance factors, this might be the answer.  At
135%, you would be right at about 40 amps. I know I tried (get this) slow-blow
fuses at one time and popped them right away. I'm now running two sets of
dual-trip breakers (at disconnect and at control panel - fuses get expensive).
If your linear scale is correct on the welder, than the 17v drop is
questionable, but if the scale is not linear the 17v drop is possible.  Wish I
had a welder around to find out. Maybe some of the other "welder" ballast
folks can comment.
Bart