[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: streamer hit

Bert,

Tesla List wrote:
<snip>

> Bart and all,
>
> This is a real poser! All of the incidents I'm familiar with or have
> experienced have been associated with actual current flow from an actual
> discharge. If you were feeling electrostatic effects on the hairs of
> your arm, then you were close enough to be in the strong E-field from
> the top of the coil. If this was somehow causing an internal problem
> (which it probably shouldn't), one would think that more than just one
> arm would be affected. Strange!
>
> Running your system for an extended period with inadequate ventillation
> could have subjected you to noxious levels of nitric oxide or ozone.
> Nitric oxide irritates eyes, can cause severe headache, nausea,
> tightness of the chest, and may cause swelling of the lungs. The latter
> may not show up until hours later, and CAN be life threatening. The
> symptoms for ozone are similar to those for nitric oxide, except that
> ozone is also a very powerful ozidizer. I've seen blue-lined paper
> bleached white from TC-created ozone over a period of months, and rubber
> bands crack and disintegrate from the stuff!
>
> Of possible relevance - per the MSDS for Ozone, prolonged exposure
> apparently can cause premature aging!! Hmm... perhaps that's why you
> felt the arthritus-like symptoms coming on?? :^)
>
> -- Bert --

He he he... Yes, I am getting old. You know, I think I would have been kicked
around by a hit, but maybe it "was" an unknown hit? I was close, but I didn't
think close enough to take a hit, but as you said, close enough to feel the
electrostatic effects (the possibility then does exist). Well, the pains
gone and
I don't plan on getting that close again to even consider the
possibilities. I'll
stay at my usual 15 or 20 feet away territory.
Bart