[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Current draw ?

<< Can anyone tell me about how much current a 7.2kv-at-1.2kva potential
 transformer will draw off of a 115v mains. I want to current limit it to
 3kw. I used an equation i found awile back and I calculated about 26
 amps at 100% efficiency. Is that right? Does a potential transformer
 need a power factor correction capacitor on it?

 Chris >>

Chris,

I had one of those transformers that was shorted out internally (shot,
kaput, in other words).  It drew 25 amps with no load.  No pfc cap is
needed.  Just use an adjustable current limiter, and adjust it for best
results.

John Freau