[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Equa-drive system

<< >     I suspected that with the higher power the quench is a lot harder to
 > get,  but that is why I put in the quench gap.  It has eight pipes ( 1.75"
 > dia x 2"long) and has a plenum with a 150 cfm blower forcing air through
 > the 1/8" gaps.
 >     Anyone has a clue as to the short coming of my "up-grade".  Any help is
 > as always greatly appreciated.  By the way, the TCBOR tapes are worth the
 > money,  especially those of new experience to TC's.
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Dwight >>

Dwight,

The TCBOR tapes are excellent and entertaining too.  I have most of them,
and I recommend them highly.  Of course I recommend my own tapes
too    :)

I would try shorting across some or all of the quench gaps and see
what happens.  You might have too much total gap spacing for the
14.4kV.  The proper gap spacing will depend on how much resonant
rise you're getting, which has a lot to do with the capacitor size.
With a .014uF cap I use only  4  to 6 quench gaps.  And I have my
electrodes set very close on the rotary.  You may have to reduce
the gap spacing on each quench gap too.

I hope this helps,

John Freau