[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More on small caps (with a bang)

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Sam Laur <slaur-at-sekunda.pp.utu.fi>
>
> ....so I removed the screwdriver and started playing with air discharge.
6-8 cm
> streamers,
> and a 14 cm hit to the ground; this with a 4 mm single spark gap. But it
seems
> that some of the caps are bad quality, and things started decaying again.
>
> Oh well, I'm happy even with such small sparks, because they're my first :-)

Congrats on the first sparks! (regardless of length). It won't be long and
you'll
be hitting those 20" or 30" streamers. It may very well be your caps given
your
description. Sounds like your using quite a few. You may now want to go
after a
different cap type than the X2's.
Good luck with your future sparks!
Bart