[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Primary current and voltage effects

A basic question.

I have got a 4.33" diameter secondary TC, an RSG, and I want to increase
the spark length. I am already using the RSG to benefit of the fast break
rate technique: what I am looking for is thus higher voltage on the
secondary toroid.

I am not speaking about modifying my current TC, but about what is worth
building as my TC number 2.

Which of the following paths you would suggest me?

1. Increase the primary tank voltage from the current 6.5 kV AC to, say, 8
kV AC.

2. Increase the primary tank current together with the primary capacitor
and retune. I suppose my current tank can provide about 0.25 A and I use a
0.05 uF capacitor.

3. There is no way: I must build a bigger secondary, 6" or more.

And, in general, if I am able to "pump" more current into the primary
winding, will that translate into a higher voltage at the secondary
terminal or only into more current in the streamers?