[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spec's on caps

In a message dated 11/6/98 2:15:44 PM Mountain Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I have some Stanley Recon mica caps model# zp203c503-2 Rated .05uF 20KVPK
>
>  Does any one have any info on the pulse rep rate these suckers can
withstand?

>  Any expirences with reconstituted mica caps in general?
>
>  Many thanks in advanced,
>  Eddie Burwell

Eddie,
   I just got their catalog a few days ago.  I do not see the exact number
that you listed.   Yours must have been a special order.  I see a family of
them with the ZP designation that are good up to 16000 pulses per second.  I
sounds like an ideal cap.  They are intended for pulse forming networks, laser
pumping, and radar transmitter modulators, if that helps.  My catalog only
lists up to 15kV, but I am reasonably sure that yours are similar.
   I am comparing your cap with the ones in the catalog and "think" that yours
can handle peak currents of 1000 amps(maybe more).  They might even be able to
go higher, but that is the max shown for any of this type.  They say that if
you wish to double the peak current, you would have to reduce the PPS by  a
factor of 4(square function).  I guess you can get up to 4000 amps peak
current if you limit it to 1000 PPS.
Hope this helps.
Mike