[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 15 kva into a 8" dia coil

I ran my 18KW transformer on my 6" coil.  I was getting 6' spark running at
3200 watts.  I turned the power up to 10KW and got some very hot sparks that
curved out and back to the strike rail and to the ground but the sparks
didn't get much longer than 8' even at the higher power setting.  Didn't
have any arc over problems and the coil didn't catch on fire.  At 10KW I get
126" sparks on my 10" coil.  The coil size has a lot to do with how much
power you can run on it and the max spark length.

Gary Weaver