[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ballast

Hi all,
    I have just acquired an Uninteruptable Power Supply (UPS) from a scrap
yard.  The model is an Upsonic 200 A series if that means anything to
anyone.  Its rated at 2KW for 10 minutes.  Anyway it has a large transformer
in it which I guess is a step up of 1:2.  I'm hoping to get a pole pig soon
and was considering using this a ballast.  The inductance comes out at
0.125H on the primary and 0.25H on the secondary.  I've heard of people
shorting out the secondary on welders but surely this then presents zero
inductive impedance then.  Any thoughts?

Regards

Viv Watts UK