[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Maxwell Labs cap. questions

Hello T-coilers everywhere !                                Recently, I
found three identical Maxwall Labs high voltage capacitors, and would
like to know how suitable they would be for TC operation, and, anything
else anyone knows about them. Here's what I do know about them: TYPE,
single-ended plastic case, low inductance, pulsed applications. SPECS,
catalog#31190, cap.=.08 uf , voltage=100 kv , series ind.=.02uh , RMS
amps=25. SIZE, (overall) W=6" , D=2.5" , H=12.75" , About 8 Lbs. Just
wondering if anybody has used this type of cap. before, and what kind of
performance and reliability they gave, They seem very compact for their
ratings. I plan to use all 3 caps. in series (.0267 uf -at- 300 kv) in my
next coil with about 2.5kva input. Would voltage equalization resistors
across the caps be a good idea? If so, what resistance should be used
with an input voltage of 12~15kv ? Many thanks to anyone who can help!
Tony Greer in Lubbock , Texas.