[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Litz Wire Secondaries

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Friday, May 29, 1998 1:32 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Litz Wire Secondaries

to: Richard

We did a lot of experiments with Litz wire and found very little change in
output spark -- the current was increased only 20% with Litz wire.  It did
work better on an 833 vacuum tube coil with a 4 inch dia. sec coil --
output increased 30% overall.  Rich Hull told me he noted similar results
with his magnifier systems -- Litz wire had very little effect on output
except to increase current slightly not potential.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net