[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Wire length,resonance, and Q (fwd)

----------
From:  Mark S Graalman [SMTP:wb8jkr-at-juno-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, May 27, 1998 4:23 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Wire length,resonance, and Q (fwd)

  I have to wonder here if there isn't a simple
misunderstanding of 1/4 wave resonance, the fact
that we are talking about an ELECTRICAL 1/4 wave
and not a PHYSICAL 1/4 wave. That a 'monopole'
tesla secondary is a ELECTRICAL 1/4 wave from
the bottom to the top, and any situation where one
has a current node at one end and a voltage node
at the other is being operated as a 1/4 wave electrically
regardless of its physical length. If one installs a
large enough terminal "C" on the coil actual
physical and electrical 1/4 wave resonance can be
obtained and I run my coil in that mode, but I see no
REAL advantage other than I think at that point a
majority portion of the secondary energy is stored in the
terminal "C" in comparison to the coils self capacitance.

Mark Graalman

On Tue, 26 May 1998 23:14:23 -0500 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]