[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wire length,resonance, and Q (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 04:50:06 -0500
From: "Barton B. Anderson" <mopar-at-uswest-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Wire length,resonance, and Q (fwd)

John and All,
Backing up for second;
I think most would agree that the 1/4 wave formula is not absolute for operation,
but, just as Tesla used the 1/4 wave calculation as a guide, when answering
questions for new coilers who are looking for the number of turns for a
secondary, I would suggest the 1/4 wave calculation, as it does put them right
into the operational ballpark. Would others agree on this?

Going forward;
This thread is always interesting when it comes up from time to time. The big
question which I keep asking myself is, "What are the optimum parameters?" as
John hinted towards. I wonder if there is really is an optimum. It appears that
each coils optimum setting is unique to the geometry, size, power levels, ground
plane, and a host of other variables.

Bart