[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

30 BPS, 60 BPS tests

----------
From:  Hollmike [SMTP:Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, March 20, 1998 7:08 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: 30 BPS, 60 BPS tests

John, all,
   I have been reading all the arguments about this final charge left on the
secondary.   Many have said that this cannot happen due to the low DC
resistance to ground, but one notion came to mind:  As the amplitude of the
output decays, there is some point where it dies out before the next bang.
Being that there is a large inductor that resists the change in current, could
it be possible that a small amount of charge be left in the toroid due to it
not having enough potential energy to overcome the inductive reactance on that
last current reversal before it dies out?  This, if possible, could store a
minute amount of energy until the next bang.  I can't think of any way to test
this notion, but thought I'd put it forward anyway.
Mike Hollingsworth