[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

833A tube coil

----------
From:  Pete [SMTP:casius-at-cyberserv.co.za]
Sent:  Monday, June 01, 1998 11:51 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 833A tube coil

Hi Ray,

Tx for dope on the 833A. When I 1st fired up the coil, the anodes took a bit
of a hammering with very short periods of rather orange. Since then I can put
on 2000VAC and get 13"-14" without any sign of glowing. Will keep it this way.
I obtained six of the 833A's from old AM transmitters. The two I'm using seem
OK, three give lower output (10" sparks) and one was a dud. But for an
equivalent of $1 per tube who can complain. By the way got a couple of RCA
5762/7C24 tubes from the same source
I think they are triodes???

Regards
Pete