[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Source of NSTs and bombarders (fwd) A bombarder is... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 08:45:40 -0500
From: Eric Davidson <edavidson-at-icva.gov>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Source of NSTs and bombarders (fwd) A bombarder is... (fwd)

Greg:

A cold cathode transformer is similar to a NST, in that it is current
limiting.  The difference is that the current output is higher, usually
120 mA or more.  They are quite expensive and used ones are harder to
come by than NSTs.  Spending $50 a piece for 3 12kV 30 mA used NSTs
would be more cost effective than buying a cold cathode transformer.
Hope this helps.

--
Have a good day!
Eric Davidson