[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Alternate sources for large secondary coil forms (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 20:23:18 -0500
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Alternate sources for large secondary coil forms (fwd)

All,

Another possibility is thin-wall PVC air ducting. This material comes in
various diameters, is thin-walled, and relatively inexpensive.  Heating
and Ventillation people in the Chicago, IL  area are beginning to use
this thin-wall PVC for heating/ventillation ducts in slab-poured
buildings.

One type is called "Bell-End Solid PVC 441 Heat/Air Duct System, type
SDR81". I've used the 10" diameter with EXCELLENT results (after
pre-treatment with polyurethane and post-coating with Behr Build 50
Epoxy). It's available in 10 foot lengths in 6", 8", 10" 12" and 14"
diameters, and is made by a number of PVC suppliers. I've personally
only seen the 10" stuff (10/.25" OD)- its got about 1/8" wall thickness.

Check with your local HVAC [that's "Heating, Ventillation, and Air
Conditioning", NOT "High Voltage AC") suppliers or contractors, since
it's not sold in the major HW stores. Contractors will sometimes have
pieces left over from a job-site that you can typically get for free.

Safe coilin' to you!

-- Bert --