[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Speaking of resonance...

I want to be absolutely clear on some of the properties of inductors
before I try pumping energy into them via capaciotr:

For one, I know the general physics surrounding inductors, but tell me
this:  they make -- If I buy a spool of laquered copper wire and whip
myself up a coil, would there be any other physical properties that would
significantly deviate this coil from the ideal L = (Mu0*N^2*Area)/Length?
...Besides the thing burning up from resistance? Will an extremely long,
thin coil wound with thick wire have the same properties of an equally
inductive very short coil of large area and high N^2/l ratio?

If this isn't true, which I'm thinking it is because I hardly ever see
high-current inductors for sale among hobbyists (making me think it's
easier just to wind one yourself).

And also, I'm trying to sell these huge pulse-discharge caps, partially to
fund a high-voltgae club starting up down here in south florida, and
partially to fix my car.  I figured there'd be good demand for that kind
of stuff 'round the tesla coil circuit... But does anyone know the address
to the High Voltage list?  ...Or anyone else that might need these things?

thanks,
S M

|Shady M's High-Voltage Supply, providing the public with low-cost surplus|
|equipment.  		HighVoltage-at-gil-dot-net                               |
|			http://www.gil-dot-net/~hivolt                        |