[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Measuring Capacitance (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:06:05 EDT
From: Esondrmn <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Measuring Capacitance (fwd)

<<
 Ed:

 I have several programs that quickly calculate the capacitance.  The problem
that
 I have is in finding an accurate (and reliable) method of measuring the
"actual"
 capacitance, not theoretical.

 Patrick Gustafson

Patrick,

I don't have a capacitance meter either and was lucky enough to be able to
borrow one from a friend.  I would suggest to use a variac and place the
capacitor to measure in series with a known capacitor and both across the
output of the variac.  Apply a small amount of AC and measure the voltage
across both caps and calculate the value of the unknown cap.

Ed Sonderman