[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mr. Richard Quick (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:06:06 EDT
From: Esondrmn <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Mr. Richard Quick

<< Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:34:43 -0500
 From: Paul & Stephanie Miller <smiller-at-rconnect-dot-com>
 To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
 Subject: (no subject)

 Stupid Question: Who is Richard Quick? , and what is the design of his
 spark gap?

Paul,

Richard Quick is something of a Tesla coil expert and early legend on this
list.  He helped me a great deal with many problems that I ran into a couple
of years ago when I was building my 6" coil.  In fact, he helped a lot of
folks get started in this hobby.  I bought his video and talked to him on the
phone a couple of times - nice guy. I think he may not be active in the hobby
nor still even monitoring this list.

The spark gap known as a RQ gap is made up of copper pipe sections mounted
inside a 6" or 8" pvc pipe section that is cut to maybe 10 or 12" long.  These
gaps work great and instructions to build them can be found at the ftp site.

Ed Sonderman

[NOTE: He is still on the list. -- Chip]