[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Homemade speaker shaker

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, November 05, 1997 5:57 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Homemade speaker shaker

On Monday, November 03, 1997 7:18 PM David Knaack
[SMTP:dknaack-at-rdtech-dot-com]

> Doesn't plexiglass have high RF losses?  I don't recall for sure.

I'm not sure either, and it's not listed in any of my old CRC handbooks
that list dielectric characteristics, I was surprised to find it had twice
the breakdown voltage of polyethylene though!

> >A good source for a vacuum pump is to wait untill a neighbor throws out
> >a refrigerator or an airconditioner and cut the two 1/4 inch copper pipes
> >on it an remove all the motor electronics ie. compressor, starter
> >capacitor, thermal switch and power cord.
>
> Just don't let the police see you do it, venting freon into the atmosphere
> is usually grounds for a substantial fine. :)

I know the EPA didn't take too kindly to any one releasing freon into the
atmosphere, but I didn't know the police would actualy get involved. Hmmmm,
sounds like I'll have to start looking through the trash under the cover of
night! Ever notice that anything that's fun or profitable ends up illegal!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/