[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Concerning Peter's DC Drive

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, July 17, 1997 1:18 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Concerning Peter's DC Drive

At 12:08 AM 7/17/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

Tesla actually utilized this idea sometime prior to 1899 and actually gave a
diagram in the CSL for this arc charging of the resonant capacitor.  I do a
similar thing in my small magnifier #12 with hydrogen thyratron switching.
There is no idea in this area new under the sun, but new technology just
allows the old ideas to be done with a bit more efficiency.  With Tesla's
system of 1899, he gave the idea a C- grade after testing it out.

Richard Hull, TCBOR