[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ion motor? (fwd)

>Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 19:34:05 -0500
>From: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Ion motor? (fwd)

>>Snip<
> >looks kind of like one half of a swastika.  I set this on the toroid and
> powered up the coil.  It started spinning slowly at first then really
>started
> >gaining speed.  I shut the coil down to move it closer to the center of the
> toroid - I was afraid it would fly offf and land down on the primary and
> >short it out.  Then I refired the coil now it won't spin.  I relocated it
> back where it originally was on the toroid and it still won't spin.  Maybe
> >one or two turns then stops.

Ed,
	When you placed the ion motor towards the center of your
toroid did it spark off it's ends? No? Then you toroid is shielding
it;( Move the ion motor back toward the outer radius of the toroid and
it will "spark again";)  Or up MUCH higher.

>  >>
>These ion motors work great on tube coils, they spin like crazy with any kind
>of bearing.

John,
	I'd guess that you are NOT using an 18"ish toroid on your
vacuum tube TC. The toroid will shield the ends of the ion motor
(that's what the toroid is there for;) and the ion motor will not
spin.

	Regards,

	jim