[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Have a couple of flyback transformers

Hello again:

I was given a couple of flyback transformers yesterday, but have no idea
of what wires feed it and which ones are output.  I know that this is a
really generic description, but any help I could get would be
appreciated.

Flyback #1 - out of a Matshuita tv I believe

On the larger dia. coil there are 5 wires attached (red, black, and 3
white ones) and then there is a wire with a snap type connection coming
out of the center of the coil. The red and black wires appear to be the
heavier gauged ones of the 5 going in.

On the smaller dia. coil there are 5 white wires coming out, all appear
to be the same size.

Flyback #2  out of a Admiral tv

On the larger dia. coil there are 5 wires attached with 2 of them being
single strands of wire each, and 3 of them with 4 strands of wire each.
There is also the wire with the same type of snap connection coming out
of the center of this coil.

On the smaller dia. coil there are two heavier multi-stranded wires
going into one end of it, with 3 seperate wires each with a single
strand of wire coming out of the other end.

I hope this makes sense... if anyone can help me figure out which wires
go where, I would be very appreciative.

Then I need to be able to test and see what kind of voltage/ current I
am getting.  But that is the next step.  Maybe by the end of this year I
will have a coil.

Thanks (I think I am getting rookie of the year on this one ;D)

Nathan Lamphere