[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Newby (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:37:24 -0700
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Newby (fwd)

to: Tom G.

With a 30 ma power source a .004 or .005 MFD cap will match up well.
Suggest a 4" dia x 24" long sec with 22-24 AWG wire and a 3-4" copper
plumbing float for a HV terminal.  Use a sub-divided 3 electrode spark gap
with a small 200 - 250 CFM blower about 1 1/2 inches away.  Use some scrap
lumber base to start and approx a 20 turn pri. tapped coil in flat spiral.
After initial testing with your cap you will probably end up with a 6-10
turn pri but always a good idea to start with a lot and reduce as
necessary.  Use a variac to keep power to 30% for initial tuning and
increase later.  This data should start you in the right direction for a
nice small coil with at least 12-14 in sparks.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net