[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: pacemaker & TC's (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 16:39:04 -0700
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: pacemaker & TC's (fwd)

to: Rusty Duncan

We conducted some tests with a pacemaker company who wanted to see some
worst case examples of both electrostatic (Van de Graaff) and resonance
(Tesla) transformers.  With a small NST powered coil operating around 2 kva
or less a good safe distance is 20 feet.  With a larger potential or pole
transformer powered coil (those capable of hitting 9 feet -- approx 1
million volts) a good safe distance is 40 feet.  We have a lot of larger
machines in science museums and recommend the visitor with any heart
problems, electronic cameras, or hearing aids view the exhibit from the
rear of the room -- and specify a minimum of 40 feet.  So far (knock on
wood and coilforms) no legal issues in the past 25 years we have been
marketing these machines.  Hope this data is of assistance.  Put your coil
in the garage and let mom view it from the driveway on a warm night!!  The
pacemaker engineers do produce a good Faraday effect with their devices to
protect mainly against microwave devices -- radar a good example.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net