[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primaries and Copper Tubing

Subject:  Re: Primaries and Copper Tubing
  Date:   Tue, 22 Apr 1997 20:25:24 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997 14:57:06 -0400 (EDT) SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com wrote;

> <<
>          Right now my back hurts,  and I am frustrated,  and I'm looking
>  for advice and inspiration;  and I don't even want to see
>  any copper for about 24 hours.
>
>          Many thanks in Advance,
>
>  Brendan
>
>   >>
> Are you using copper Refrigeration tubing? I made a primary with
> plumbing tubing in 3/8 and found it almost impossible to work with.
> I went to 1/4 Refrigeration tube and it worked much better...

Many people are unaware of the fact that copper work-hardens, the
more you flex it the stiffer it gets, silver does this too. To make
either silver or copper tubing and small gauge wire workable you
should anneal (Sp.?) it! This can be easily done in the home oven, set
the oven for 400 to 500 degrees F. and put the wire or tubing in and
let it heat for about an hour then turn the oven off allow it to cool
over night. You will now find the tubing or wire very easy to work.
Of course as you work it it will harden again and you can repeat the
annealing until the job is done.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/